The focus of this module is on networking, building positive relationships and mentoring. In the current climate, it is becoming increasingly easier to network and develop mentoring relationships. With tools such as social media and the extensive numbers of local and national events, our networks are able to expand on a larger scale than before. Although many are aware of the benefits of networking, some may not know where to begin or how to network. This unit will help the learners to understand what networking is, its benefits, how to network and where they can go.
Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit, participants will be able to:
- Identifywaysto network.
- Knowhowto utilise existing networks.
- Understandthebenefits of networking and mentoring relationships.
- Understandtheroles of a mentor and how to maintain effective mentoring relationships.
- Evaluatecurrentskill set for building mentoring relationships.
Teaching MethodsThe materials were produced in order to be conducted in a face-to face training session, but can also be adapted to an online learning environment. As a facilitator of the module, assessments are carried out with the participants of the training. These assessments include:
- Observations:whenfacilitating the module, facilitators should observe the participants engagement, learning and understanding of the content. During activities, it is useful to observe the progress of each participant in order to provide additional support if needed be.
- Discussions:discussionscan also offer a way of assessing the expectations, outcomes and level of understanding in the group. Through discussions, participants can feedback on their experience of the module and also reflect on what they have learnt as a result of it.
- Activities: theseallowassessment through assessing the level of application of a skill to the task. Activities allow a participant to take part in a task and see how they would work through an issue or a scenario. Activities in this module also include roleplays, which allow the direct application of the knowledge learnt in a simulated mentoring setting.
- Unit 5: Theory 00:00:00
- Unit 5: Activity 1 00:00:00
- Unit 5: Activity 2 00:00:00
- Unit 5: Activity 3 00:00:00
- Unit 5: Activity 4 00:00:00