People need to be familiar with the gender system and understand that both visible and invisible barriers are constructed to restrain women. They need to recognize the obstacles that are holding them back and know how to fight them. It is society that needs to be redesigned - not women. Women are involved in maintaining society and together we can change it.
Learning OutcomesThe participants will recognise:
- How women are represented in advertising and how it affects their role in society; both their personal and professional live
- The Master Suppression Techniques (MST)
- How to react to MST
- Barriers, visible and invisible and how to break them down
- How to change our weaknesses into strengths
- What factors contribute to privilege
Teaching MethodsA mix of theoretical and practical part for 180 minutes divided into following:
- Introductions 15 minutes. Take 15 minutes to introduce yourselves and have participants tell the others a little bit about themselves
- A PowerPoint presentation with information about the subject taught for approx. 75 minutes. Including video-clips to clarify the subject.
- The presentation will be broken up by three practical exercises for appr. 60 minutes (20+20+20). working titles vs. images to learn how to recognise Master Suppression Techniques and how to respond to them How to deal with privileged positions, your own and others?
- Reflection at the end of the lesson, 15 minutes
- Unit 2: Theory 00:00:00
- Unit 2: Activity 1 00:00:00
- Unit 2: Activity 2 00:00:00
- Unit 2: Activity 3 00:00:00